Cookies, cookies, cookies, has there ever been a treat so sweet???
When your sweet tooth acts up, give into the temptation with a Toffee Butterscotch Shortbread Cookie.
A classic cookie with a tasty twist. Buttery, golden, sweet and tender shortbread cookies with rich butterscotch chips and buttery toffee bits…….a match made in heaven.
I love shortbread cookies, but add the butterscotch and toffee
Butterscotch and toffee both have that luscious caramel essence. One smooth ( butterscotch), and the other crunchy ( toffee ).
Toffee Butterscotch Shortbread Cookies are simple to make and go perfect with a cup of steaming coffee for an afternoon treat.
I made these and sent a care package of them to my brother. When I ask him a few days later how they were he said they were awesome!
I asked him how my nephew and his girlfriend liked them, and he said …….eh! Which meant more for my brother!!!
Now, if you are a fan of shortbread cookies, butterscotch, and toffee……..Toffee Butterscotch Cookies are the cookie treat for you!!!!Print
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1–3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits
- In a large bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Sift flour, cornstarch and salt onto a large bowl; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in butterscotch chips and toffee bits. Place between 2 sheets of parchment paper, pressing flat and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.