Birthday celebrations are always special, but a Golden Birthday needs something extra special. Toffee Crunch Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes were the perfect birthday celebration dessert for my nephew Brad’s Golden Birthday. Hard to believe he is 23 already……damn I’m old.
We planned a surprise get together with a group of Brad’s friends….thank you Quincy and gang for keeping the secret. A local restaurant was our secret location. Brad thought it was just a family thing, his Dad and girlfriend, and Tim and I. Brad was surprised and slightly relieved to have a his group of friends join in! Continue reading “Toffee Crunch Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes”
Cookies, cookies, cookies, has there ever been a treat so sweet???
When your sweet tooth acts up, give into the temptation with a Toffee Butterscotch Shortbread Cookie.
A classic cookie with a tasty twist. Buttery, golden, sweet and tender shortbread cookies with rich butterscotch chips and buttery toffee bits…….a match made in heaven.
I love shortbread cookies, but add the butterscotch and toffee
Butterscotch and toffee both have that luscious caramel essence. One smooth ( butterscotch), and the other crunchy ( toffee ).
Toffee Butterscotch Shortbread Cookies are simple to make and go perfect with a cup of steaming coffee for an afternoon treat.
I made these and sent a care package of them to my brother. When I ask him a few days later how they were he said they were awesome!
I asked him how my nephew and his girlfriend liked them, and he said …….eh! Which meant more for my brother!!!
Now, if you are a fan of shortbread cookies, butterscotch, and toffee……..Toffee Butterscotch Cookies are the cookie treat for you!!!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits
- In a large bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Sift flour, cornstarch and salt onto a large bowl; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in butterscotch chips and toffee bits. Place between 2 sheets of parchment paper, pressing flat and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Who wants an easy, quick, sweet dessert bar????? You do….you do!!!!
White Trash Graham Bars…..
Now, when we were growing up we were probably considered white trash….after all we lived not only in the country , but in a trailer……that’s right I am trailer trash!
My Mom used to make us little sandwich cookies from graham crackers and frosting……we thought they were the best.
Well, these are like that….. only better. Ok…..maybe not as easy as the ones Mom made. After all, what is easier than opening a can of frosting and spreading it on graham crackers……..
While White Trash Graham Bars take a little more effort , but they still are super easy. Only 4 ingredients that you probably already have, so you can make them today. Continue reading “White Trash Graham Bars”