It’s the weekend….busy Saturdays call for take out? How about take in? Thai Chicken Pizza is the best of two carry out favorites.
When I think of carry out, I think of pizza and Chinese………..Thai Chicken Pizza is carry out combined.
Pizza is a weekend staple for us, and if you have read my blog you know, we love pizza, and have it at least once a week. I love Chinese food, Tim not so much, but he does like spicy, this pizza is all of those things.
Pizza, Chinese, spicy, plus easy to make! What could be better?
Now, pizza has to have sauce, Thai needs peanut sauce. I see a combo……no tomatoes here, but a spicy smooth peanut butter sauce than is the perfect “pizza sauce”.
Pre-made pizza crust make a pizza easy to make at a moment notice. I keep them on hand for that impromptu pizza moment……you know when you just gotta have a pizza.
Pre-grilled chicken strips……in the freezer section, makes it easy to have grilled chicken at the ready.
For toppings, chicken, bean sprouts, carrots, and green onions. Now I know that mozzarella cheese is not Thai or Chinese, but, no self respecting pizza is sans of cheese!
Mozzarella is a bit neutral so….perfect. Compliments but doesn’t over power.
Once the crust is loaded with toppings into the oven for about 10 minutes. I like a brownish cheese, so a few minutes under the broiler helps give that golden color.
But remember, it only take a minute to go from perfect, to slightly more than golden…..a.k.a. burnt! So watch your pizza carefully if you broil.
Once you have that perfect golden cheese, remove the pizza and garnish with the green part of the green onions, cashews, cilantro, and if desired the cooling coconut cream.
Funny story……the day I made this pizza, I made the coconut cream and put it in the frig, so when the pizza was ready and I was taking pictures I could garnish with the cream………I forgot the cream until the next day…..yikes!
So, none of the pictures have the cream in them but, when I reheated a piece the next day I put the coconut cream on the pizza……..OMG it was awesome!
So, this weekend when you want take out – in…….. Thai Chicken Pizza.
But be sure to set the coconut cream out when asking the pizza so you can enjoy the total taste experience…..you won’t be sorry!
- 1 pre-made pizza crust, I like Boboli
- ½ of 22 ounce bag Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breast Strips
- Peanut Pizza Sauce
- 1 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha/Asian hot chili sauce (optional)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 6 green onions onion, thinly sliced, separating the white and green parts
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup white bean sprouts
- ⅓ cup shredded carrots
- Cashews, chopped
- cilantro, chopped
- Coconut Cream
- ½ of a 5.3 oz coconut yogurt
- 1½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- Coconut Cream: Whisk all the ingredients together in a medium bowl until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium sauce pan whisk all the peanut pizza sauce ingredients. Heat over medium high heat until the peanut butter has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Place pizza crust on a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Spread peanut pizza sauce over crust.
- Top with sprouts, carrots, white part of green onion,and chicken.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over pizza.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is starting to brown. You can broil to achieve desired brownness.
- Garnish with, green part of the green onion, cashews, cilantro and Coconut Cream.