Healthy, beautiful, super easy to prepare, and can be made ahead. What’s not to love!!
I no longer am fortunate enough to have my Mother, but we always made a huge ordeal over Mothers Day. My Mom loved good food, and I was always happy to prepare it for her. But on Mothers Day, I always went the extra mile.
Not only did the meal need to be really good, but it had to be beautiful…….just like my Mom! Everything had to be artfully arranged, and only the best china, and flowers would do. After all it was the day we celebrated her.
If your Mom deserves a special meal……and what Mom doesn’t? Add Five Bean Basil Salad to the menu. Green beans, kidney beans, black beans, chickpeas, and cannellini beans. The colors alone are enough to make your mouth water.
Add the red and yellow of cherry tomatoes, and the red and white of radishes…….art on a platter.
Top it all with what I must say was an excellent basil dressing and you have a salad made for a Queen….a.k.a. Mom!
The Five Bean Basil Salad is so extra easy to prepare that you will have plenty of time to spend with the lady of the day! So spoil you Mom this Mothers Day…..she deserves it!!Print
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 1 small shallot, quartered
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 15-ounce can dark red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup halved red & yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- For dressing:
- Combine 1/2 cup basil, shallot, oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Arrange the green beans and all other ingredients decoratively on a platter. Serve with the dressing. Garnish with the chopped basil.