Footballs snacks are on everybody’s grocery list. Well put the ingredients for Potato Skin Pizza on that list!!!!
This is the best of two worlds… pizza and potato skins……..and super duper, extra easy.
Store bought pizza crust…….you can make your own if you wish. Baked potatoes…..make ahead or just pop them in the wave right before you make the pizza ………that’s what this lazy pants did…..lol.
In a small bowl place the butter, some garlic and Italian seasoning, and ,melt……again the wave is my preferred method…….I really had my lazy pants on the day I made this!!
Fry up some bacon, applewood smoked is my fav, but use the kind you like best. It should be crisp, but don’t over do the crispness… it is going into the oven.
Sour cream is usually the topping for potato skins, but on this pizza it is the bottoming……I know I made that up….but it’s kinda funny???
Spread the sour cream over the pizza crust , getting in an even layer and close to the edges of the crust…..use more sour cream than the recipe calls for if necessary.
As I eluded to before, I was slightly lazy this day, so I popped the potatoes into the microwave….a.k.a. wave…..they only took about 8 minutes. I let them cool just until I could handle them and then sliced them into 1/4 – 1/2 inch rounds. I didn’t measure them but that is my guess. Use your own discretion. Then brush with the butter mixture.
I put the potato circles on top of the sour cream, then topped with the remaining ingredients. Into a preheat 400* oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
This pizza was fantastic………just like potato skins with a little extra something……the crust. But the crust gave an extra crispiness to the pizza that was ……well if I do say so myself… perfect!
So, add the ingredients from the recipe to your grocery list. Head on over to the grocery store, then tomorrow, make your football friends or foes…..we all have our teams……..Potato Skin Pizza.
No matter what team you root for, all the fans will love this pizza!!!
P.S. If you happen to have any leftover, it reheats wonderfully in the ……you guessed it …..in the wave!Print
- 1 ready made pizza crust, like Boboli
- 2 large unpeeled potatoes, baked and cooled
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 pieces applewood smoked bacon strips, cubed and cooked
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 cups shredded Italian Blend cheese
- 1cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Slice potatoes into 1/4-1/2 inch slices.
- Melt butter, garlic and Italian seasoning. Brush mixture over potatoes potatoes.
- Spread sour cream over pizza crust; top with sliced potatoes.
- Sprinkle with bacon, onions and cheeses.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.