This past weekend gave me a HUGE case of Spring fever……. Spring Pasta Salad …..on yeah!
I know I’m jumping the gun just a little, but that first taste of spring makes you want to break out the flip flops, and start up the grill. Which is exactly what we did last Sunday. What is better than burgers on the grill……..nothing of course!
With burgers you need a salad and this salad is perfect. The dressing is slightly sweet and coats the pasta and veggies with that silky sweet goodness.
Campanelle pasta lets that dressing get into every nook and cranny. And its cute, shaped like little bellflowers with ruffly edges.
The vegetables I used were my choice and I think an inspired one, but ,if you want to switch it up you can feel free to use the veggies of your choice.
Now, I must confess that I took creative liberty with this recipe keeping only the dressing unchanged. When I worked at the grocery store bakery, the deli was in the same kitchen and so I was privy to many delicious recipes. One of which was Colleen’s Macaroni Salad. The deli manager’s own special salad. It was one of the most popular salads at the deli.
The deli and the store no longer exists, but I am glad to be able to share my version of one of the most popular recipes.
Next weekend is suppose to be great again, so fire up the grill and make a batch of Spring Pasta Salad, and feed your Spring fever!Print
Spring Pasta Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound Campanelle or shell pasta, cooked according to package directions, rinsed under cold water , and drained.
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups cucumber chunks
- 1/2 each, large red, orange, and yellow peppers, cut into chunks
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups, Kraft Three Cheese Crumbles
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- In a medium bowl mix all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all salad ingredients except cheese. Pour dressing over and mix well. Add cheese crumbles and mix until incorporated.
- If desired garnish with chopped parsley.
Keywords: pasta, bell peppers, cucumber, carrots, green onions, cheese, salad, spring, pasta salad