Penne Salmon Pasta
Every once in a while you have a recipe that you fall back on time, and time again……..such is Penne Salmon Pasta.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had recipes that I thought I would never see again………….I cannot thank my friend and co-worker……..or should I say miracle worker, Jeanne enough. She rescued my lost recipes from their Word Perfect prison. So, Tim and I were able to enjoy this yummy pasta dish………….and now I get to share it with all of you.
This dish has so many parts that are good for you. In addition to being super easy to prepare, it is also loaded with taste.
It has an Asian flare……….garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar, and a touch of Sriracha for spice. The salmon gives you all those good Omega’s. Spinach is high in fiber with tons of vitamins and antioxidants. Add in the shiitake mushrooms for more fiber, B vitamins, and minerals. Toss in enriched whole grain pasta, and a touch of green onion for garnish…………..it’s a healthy bowl full of bliss.
So, the next time you are craving a healthy pasta dish, give the Penne Salmon Pasta a try, your taste buds and your body will thank you!Print
Penne Salmon Pasta
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
- 8 oz. penne
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 cups spinach, stemmed
- 3 green onions, separated into white & green parts each finely chopped
- 1tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 lb. salmon fillets cut in 1 by 1/4 in. strips
- 6oz. shiitake mushrooms
- Cook penne according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Combine broth, oyster sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, Sriracha, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick wok over high heat.
- Add garlic, white part of green onion, & ginger; sauté 15 seconds. Add salmon and mushrooms; cook stirring often 4-5 minutes or until salmon is cooked. Stir in cornstarch mixture along with spinach. Heat to boiling. Stir in penne heat 1 min. transfer to serving bowl. Garnish with green onion( green part)
Note; soy sauce may be substituted for oyster
Keywords: salmon, pasta, spinach, mushrooms