Green Bean Goat Cheese Salad
Oh, what to do with a beautiful bunch of green beans………
Green Bean Goat Cheese Salad!
My green beans this year were the most beautiful I have ever grown. I’m pleased, because the weather has been less than perfect for gardening. Beans usually like it warm and it really hasn’t gotten the normal summer warmth.
I usually make green beans in the as Tim would say “Northern” eaten style…..you know, fry up some bacon, add onion, beans, and water, then cook. I love this way, but it’s not very inventive for a food blog. So, I strived for something a little more creative.
Being a huge fan of goat cheese, I remember having it in a green bean dish, but is was a warm dish…………. why wouldn’t it work with a cold one………thank goodness it did. Now, every salad needs a crunchy element, I happen to love walnuts, but you can substitute what every kind of nut you prefer. But please,in the name of all that’s holy…….toast any nuts you are going to use in a salad. It enhances the flavor soooo much!
For a dressing, I used a basic dijon dressing with fresh tarragon ……..from my massive tarragon bush……..the thing is crazy big! Even if I used a cup everyday I would never use it all…….
This dish is super, super, simple. You can make it in advance, and assemble it right before you eat, making the perfect choice for a take-along dish. Serve Green Bean Goat Cheese Salad with grilled_______( fill in the blank) what ever you like for a perfect summer side dish!Print
- 1 pound of fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 ounces of goat cheese
- 1/4 cup walnut, toasted
- For Dressing:
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Steam or boil them for about 5 minutes until they are tender crisp. Drain and place in ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain beans from ice bath and set aside.
- Mix all dressing ingredients and whisk until totally blended.
- Place green beans in a serving bowl, crumble on goat cheese, and sprinkle with walnut. Dress before serving.
Keywords: green beans, goat cheese, walnuts, tarragon, side dish