So it’s Date Night recipe time. Not every date night has to be some fancy smancy take all day to prepare ordeal. Sometimes you just want a quick and easy idea so you can watch that movie, or listen to music, or whatever you do on your date night……wink wink….
Cooking for two………easier said than done! In my section “Date Night Dinners”….. Cooking for “date night ” should not be an OMG moment. Check back on Thursdays for that something special for your date night ………sized just right!
Easy and quick pork tenderloin.
- 3/4 – 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (1 tablespoon if using fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary (1 1/2 teaspoons if using fresh)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Trim tenderloin of any fat or sliver skin.
- Place tenderloin on baking sheet and cut a slice down the middle of the tenderloin. Do not cut completely through. You just want a valley for the onions.
- Saute onions, thyme, rosemary, and garlic in the olive oil until just turning translucent and the herbs are fragrant.
- Spread the sautéed onions down the valley you created in the tenderloin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until an internal temperature of 145*.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Keywords: pork tenderloin, onion, thyme, easy, bake, dinner