Maybe it’s not in a hurry in the traditional sense, but it’s a crock pot meal, so you can make it in a hurry, and let the crock pot do the rest of the work. Then you will have hours of free time to do as you like! Ha Ha! Continue reading “Crock Pot Coconut Pork Curry”
Teriyaki Burger with Pineapple Mango Salsa
Burgers, burgers, burgers,…………Teriyaki Burger with Pineapple Mango Salsa.
Now that the weather is warm, I have two things on my mind……Salads and burgers. It is all we have eaten recently. Ok, we have had the obligatory pizza……several times.
We still have to get our grill up and running……….just lazy we are! But, we have a grill pan so……….sorta the same? Ok, not really, but these burgers were really great even without the aid of the outdoor grill.
My conception for these really came from pineapples and mangos being on sale at the store, and they were beauties. If cutting the pineapple and mango is not your thing, you can use canned or frozen, but it really is perfect with the fresh.
So, since I wanted to make a burger, and pineapple goes with an Asian flare, that was my direction. I added green onions, garlic, ginger, soy and a touch of red pepper flakes for heat to the beef. Now, I have made these twice, first time with ground beef, and the second time with ground chicken. Both were equally yummy, so what ever your taste is, go with that. A turn on the grill, and the burgers were done.
For the salsa……the pineapple and mangos were mixed with avocado, red pepper, onion, jalapeño, cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Then mixed all together and set it aside.
When I think of burgers, I always think of ketchup and mustard, but not with these and we do like something on a burger. The sauce was simple with the aid of my trusty imitation Bullet. We bought a cheap version, just to be sure, we would use it and liked it before we shelled out the cost for the real deal. Well, the cheapo has worked really well, so why spend over a hundred when you can spend twenty?
I just put all the ingredients for the sauce……fresh pineapple, soy, ginger, garlic, rice wine vinegar, and a touch of sesame oil. Gave it a whirl in my handy, dandy, cheapo Bullet and I had a sauce…….well almost. I heated it to a boil and added a cornstarch mixture to thicken.
Lightly toasted Kings Hawaiian Buns were perfect for this burger. The burger, the sauce, and the salsa……..oh la la…….oh wait thats French………well anyway there were a tasty, tasty burger.Print
- 1 pound ground beef (you can also use chicken or turkey)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Hamburger buns
- 1 cups fresh pineapple, diced into ½” cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh mango, diced into ½” cubes
- 1/2 avocado, diced into ½” cubes
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced into ½” pieces
- 1/8 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño minced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon each cornstarch and water
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the burgers in a medium bowl,and shape into 4 patties. Place your patties on the grill and cook 10-15 minutes or until well done, flipping half way through. Grill buns if desired.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Place first 7 ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a medium saucepan. Over medium high heat, heated cook mixture until bubbly, about 1-2 minutes. Meanwhile, blend cornstarch and water until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to saucepan. Heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Assemble the Burgers:
- To assemble burger place each burger on grilled bun. Spoon sauce over burger and top with salsa. Serve.
We like large burger so the serving size is 2. But if you like a smaller burger you can get 4.
Keywords: ground beef, pineapple, mango, burger, grill
Super Bowl Sliders – Bronco Burger – Seattle Salmon
So who is your favorite team? Will you be rooting for the Denver Broncos or the Seattle SeaHawks? Well, whichever team you choose, we have just the slider for you! For Denver fans it’s a Bronco Burger Slider…………hearty beef with, chiles, steak sauce, and chipotle cheese. For Seattle fan, how about a Seattle Salmon Slider, salmon, with ginger, garlic, topped with pickled cucumber slices and sweet chili sauce. Either way a slider is the perfect game day food. You can pick them up in one hand so you can root for your team with the other…….or have it free for your favorite beverage. So make both for your Super Bowl party and have see which team wins the Super Bowl of Sliders………. Continue reading “Super Bowl Sliders – Bronco Burger – Seattle Salmon”