Sometimes in the blog world you need a little help from your friends. Sriracha Orange Glazed Green Beans was a recipe I found over at Simply Recipes.
If you follow me you know I am the Food Service Director for a small town in Northern Illinois. School started this week. Can you say crazy busy??
So, I after visit to a local produce cart and purchased some really nice green beans, I needed a recipe. But, with my mind on school lunch, it was hard to focus on anything other than chicken nuggets, and school pizza. I really needed a recipe!
My go to Pinterest led me to Sriracha Orange Glazed Green Beans from Simply Recipes. Simply delicious and simply simple.
Blanch the green beans, which takes only minutes, once the water boils…..oh hum!
Give the cooked beans a quick dip in some icy water to stop the cooking process. This method gives them a beautiful green color, and a crisp snap.
In a small bowl the “dressing” is 3 simple ingredients, orange marmalade, soy sauce, and Tim’s favorite Sriracha. Spicy ketchup. It adds a little kick to the recipe.
Drain the beans and toss with the sauce……lol, I’m a poet!!
Serve at room temperature. They are the perfect side for anything grilled, or would be a nice on a Crudite Platter. Fancy French word for veggie tray.
A big thanks to Simply Recipes for giving my over worked blog brain a rest so I could focus on the busy business of feeding the future leaders of the world a nutritious breakfast and lunch!
Have some green beans to use? Try Sriracha Orange Glazed Green Beans.Print
Sriracha Orange Glazed Green Beans
- 3/4 pound to 1 pound of green beans, snipped
- 1/3 cup sweet orange marmalade
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- Blanch beans in boiling water to which you added 2 teaspoons of salt. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the green beans are just tender.
- Place cooked beans into a bowl of ice water to quick cool them. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the orange marmalade, soy sauce, and Sriracha
- You can adjust the spice to your taste.
- Add the orange sauce to the cooked green beans and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.