Peanut Butter Bars
If you LLLLLLLLLOVE peanut butter, these Peanut Butter Bars are just the ticket!
Working at a school, the Support Staff sometimes is taken for granted. We forget that they are the backbone of any school District.
So, in an effort to show how much we appreciate what they do, I made these Peanut Butter Bars for Shawn our Network Administrator. Shawn and his staff work diligently to make sure our district’s computers and systems are in top working order. Shawn is also a web site builder and has given me some incredible tips for my blog. I remembered him saying he loved Peanut Butter. So, when I saw this recipe from Shugary Sweets on Pinterest, I knew I had to make them, to thank him for all his hard work!
Giving and sharing food is how I can pay back those I love and care for!
I only varied the recipe in two ways…….1. I used butter and the recipe called for Crisco which I did not have. 2. I do not own a 15 x 10 inch baking sheet so I used a 13 x 9 inch pan. I think the biggest difference was with the size of pan, the candies on top were more condensed…….not a bad thing in my opinion!
I saved half the pan for Tim and I, and we took them on a visit to see Tim’s Mom. Our nieces ……..who live in Hawaii……..I know right!…….were here and they loved the bars. So girls, here is the recipe!
I hadn’t planned on putting this on but, with the positive response I got from everyone, I knew I had to share the recipe. The sad thing is I have no photos of the cut bars
But, Tim’s other pictures will show the glory that is Peanut Butter Bars!
- For the Cookie Layer:
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- For the Middle Layer:
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 bag (10oz) peanut butter morsels
- For the Topping:
- 1 bag (14oz) Reese's pieces
- 1 bag (8oz) Reese's MINI peanut butter cups
- For the cookie, beat butter with peanut butter, milk and brown sugar until creamy. Beat in egg. Add flour, salt and baking soda, mix until thoroughly combined.
- 2. Press cookie dough into a lightly greased 15x10 baking sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 18-22 minutes, until browned. Remove.
- 3. While baking, heat condensed milk with butter over low heat until warmed. Remove from heat, whisk in peanut butter morsels and stir until melted. Pour over warm cookie layer. Immediately press candies into top layer. Allow to set, about one hour. Slice and serve