Are you tired of pumpkin yet?????
Naw…… me either…….Caramel Pumpkin Puff Pastry.
Caramel Pumpkin Puff Pastry comes together in a flash for a last minute dessert.
Pepperidge Farm Frozen puff pastry is a freezer staple for me. Light, flaky, ready-to-bake pastry that’s fast, easy to use and delicious. Wether you use it for savory or sweet creations, it is always ready to use and a life saver for last minute drop by holiday guests.
While, you have your puff pastry thawing, mix a can of pumpkin ……puree not pie filling……with cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and blend well.
Place the thawed pastry on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper, slather the filling on top of the pastry sheet, then sprinkle with pecans.
To make it pretty and festive, cut the remaining puff pastry into strips and place on top of the slather filling, in a decorative pattern.
I brushed with egg wash (1 egg and 1 tablespoon water whisked together), and sprinkled with my favorite, turbinado sugar, and into the oven until golden brown.
While the pastry bakes, make a frosting from butter, brown sugar, heavy cream, and powdered sugar. This recipe makes a caramely, cream frosting that is perfect for the pumpkin puff pastry.
Just place the slightly cooled frosting into a ziplock bag, snip the corner, and drizzle away.
Not only is Caramel Pumpkin Puff Pastry, a melt in your mouth, delicious treat, it is super easy.
Plus it is really pretty! So, for that last minute dessert, try Caramel Pumpkin Puff Pastry.
- 1 box thawed puff pastry
- 1 - 15 ounce can of pumpkin
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, cream cheese and brown sugar. Beat well until smooth. Set aside.
- Open pastry package and carefully open pastry sheets. Place one down on cookie sheet and with a rolling pin gently smooth out pastry creases.
- Spread pumpkin mixture over pastry dough.
- Sprinkle nuts over filling.
- Open the other pastry and place on a floured working surface. Gently roll pastry until smooth. Using a pizza cutter, cut pastry into 10 equal strips.
- Place five strips evenly spaced over the top of pumpkin filling. Then take the other five strips and place over the top of the pastry strips going the other direction.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Caramel Frosting
- In a small sauce pan, combine butter, cream, and brown sugar. Stir over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Add powdered sugar, and vanilla and stir in until smooth.
- Drizzle caramel frosting over pastry.