You need snacks, you want snacks, you gotta have BLT Bruschetta!
If you love bruschetta and if you love BLT’s this is the snack for you.
Crusty french bread toasted until golden brown, then slathered with this amazing dip, spread,or whatever you want to call it. BLT Bruschetta is the bomb.
I have taken to keeping cream cheese in the frig. Seems like so many of my recipes these days end up with cream cheese in them. I have a recipe called Bacon Filled Cherry Tomatoes that is very similar, but I wanted to have a hot dip….the cherry tomatoes are cold and a perfect summer time snack, so don’t forget them this summer!
Cream cheese is a great base for a hot dip, slightly sweet, tangy and creamy….add a little Miracle whip ( mayo for those you chose), and sour cream.
Swiss cheese for a mild, sweet and nut-like taste, which I think pairs perfect with bacon. Plus, swiss cheese is very pale yellow, so it kept the dip light in color.
Mix in tomatoes, chopped…….if it was summer I would use regular tomatoes, but during the winter I tend to go for cherry or grape tomatoes as they have better flavor and texture. Green onions are a mild onion taste and a touch of color.
Be sure to save a little of the bacon and tomato for garnish………you want it to be pretty!
Put the dip/spread into a decorative baking dish….again pretty! Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
Garnish with finely chopped romaine and the reserved bacon, tomato, and green onion.
Arrange the toasted baguette slices around the decorative being dish and snack away on BLT Bruschetta!!Print
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped and cooked until crisp and drained
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 cup, cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- French Baguette, sliced and toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream until well combined. I did this by hand but a hand held mixer would work perfect.
- Add the shredded swiss cheese, bacon, green onion, and tomato to the cream cheese mixture and stir until combined.
- Spray a decorative baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon the dip into the baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until starting to brown and bubble on top.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with bacon, green onions, tomato, and lettuce.
- Place baguette slices decoratively around the dip on a cutting board or serving platter.
*Be sure to save a little of bacon, green onions, tomato, and lettuce to use for garnish.