Garlic Chicken French Bread Pizza
Last weekend Tim and I had a pizza-fest. Thats right, everything we ate was in the form of pizza!
Garlic Chicken French Bread Pizza was easy, fast and flavorful. No crust making required. All you needed was to slice bread, layer ingredients and bake!
I did cook the chicken, but if you have any leftover chicken you could use it. Or buy a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and use what you need for this recipe, plus have left over for another recipe.
The roasted garlic is what really makes this pizza shine and its easy to do……heres how:
Roasting the garlic gives it a nutty, sweet, almost buttery flavor that is perfect for any garlic dish. Try it you’ll like it……..
The roasted garlic along with the other ingredients are layered on the french bread and baked into toasty, garlicky, cheesy goodness.
Garlic Chicken French Bread Pizza makes an easy to pull together lunch or dinner, and you could even slice it up as an appetizer or snack.Print
- 1 whole head of roasted garlic
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/2 cup jarred Carbonara sauce
- 1– 8 ounce chicken breast cubed
- 1 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups spinach,chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian five cheese
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Begin by roasting garlic.
- Cut a thin slice from the top(root end) of a head of garlic. Place garlic on a baking sheet lined with a piece of tin foil large enough to wrap the garlic in. Drizzle garlic with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Wrap garlic in the foil and place in 425* oven for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium high heat,season chicken with Italian seasoning. Cook cubed chicken until no longer pink inside. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Carefully squeeze the garlic cloves out of the skin and set aside.
- Slice French bread in half horizontally. Place bread on a lined baking sheet or a pizza stone with the cut side up.
- Spread 1/4 cup sauce on each piece of bread. Divide spinach, chicken,roasted garlic,and cheese between the two pieces of bread.
- Bake in preheated 425* oven for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and ingredients are heated through.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.