It’s the weekend…..oh hum……a rainy weekend at that……..lets cook!! Asian Veggie Noodle Bowl is good today, and tomorrow, and the day after that!
I adapted this recipe from Southern Living, it looked so good I had to try it. Plus, noodle bowls are all the rage and we just stay current!!
Good warm, room temp, or cold, this is really an awesome dish. You can eat it today…..and by the way, I couldn’t quit eating it, so I had to put it away…..no self control!
I did put some in a container for work on Monday. Now, contrary to popular belief, I think our school lunches are awesome, but they are geared for kids, so I pack a lunch sometimes.
This is one of those times. I love, love, love asian food. This noodle bowl is the perfect blend of all of my favorite things.
Rice noodles are fool proof, just cover them with boiling water and let them set……what could be easier?
The sauce is a mixture of soy, rice wine vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and sweet chili sauce. It is slightly spicy and the sesame oil with it’s rich amber color and distinctive nutty flavor, gives the noodle bowl that Asian flavor I love so much. The black sesame seeds give it a hint of color, but if you cannot find them toasted sesame seeds will work just as well.
All the veggies give a crispy freshness to the bowl, and make it a pretty bowl and make its pretty healthy. Vegetarian if you will……
Need a dish today and lunch tomorrow? Try Asian Veggie Noodle Bowl …….and sing the Asian Veggie Noodle Bowl praises !
- 3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon Sweet Chili Sauce
- 14 ounce package rice noodles
- 1 15-ounce can cut baby corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas. sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- Black sesame seeds for garnish
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Pour vinegar mixture over hot cooked noodles. Toss to combine. Add vegetables, toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve hot or cold.