Once the first of July hits, we are in summer! What is summer without watermelon??? For a new twist on the quintessential fruit of summer…… Watermelon Caprese Cups with Balsamic Glaze. Let me just say, I had never had watermelon with anything other than salt or vodka (back in the day). Who doesn’t love a nice cold piece of watermelon on a sultry hot days in the middle of summer?
A couple of years ago I made Spinach Watermelon Salad
and was pleasantly surprised with feta and watermelon. Why not mozzarella? No reason I could think of. Continue reading “Watermelon Caprese Cups with Balsamic Glaze”
When you make something that is so mouthwateringly good….you just can’t wait to share it…….Spinach Watermelon Salad.
This salad is brimming with sweet watermelon, bacon, red onion and feta. Topped with a slightly spicy dressing made from Asian sweet chili sauce, lime juice, and a touch of oil.
Quick, easy, and loaded with flavor……a perfect summer lunch.
Tim says it’s “Forking” good!!!
- 1 tablespoon sweet Asian chili sauce
- 1/2 juice of a fresh lime
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups watermelon, cubed
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- In a small bowl whisk together chili sauce, lime juice, and oil, set aside.
- On a salad place layer spinach, watermelon, bacon, red onion, and feta.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and enjoy!