Some foods just scream summer get together…..picnic, cookout, family reunion….anywhere family or friends gather in the name of food and love. Veggie Pizza is one of those things. Two Ingredient Crust Veggie Pizza is a healthy alternative to the traditional crescent roll crust veggie pizza.I’m sure some of you are getting tired of me mentioning my Weight Watchers journey, but revamping traditional recipes with healthy options has become a small obsession with me. Veggie pizza is so delicious but, a traditional recipe can have upwards of 19 WW points. I only get 23 in a day so……..I would have to pass 🙁
Two Ingredient Dough is a recipe that is nothing less than a dream come true for those of us on the point system. The entire recipe has 11 points and can be made into ….well anything that requires a crust/dough base. Like Two Ingredient Crust Veggie Pizza which is 1 point for two pieces…..what??????
Self rising flour and greek yogurt make an incredible crust for this recipe. I have also used it for bagels (See our Veggie Bagel Sandwich) which is I think how the recipe was started. There are a million pins, blog posts, and websites that reference this recipe, which makes it difficult to give a shout out to the originator. Suffice it to say this was per genius. Thumbs up to the inventor!!
Memorial day is the official kick off to summer. Here in the Mid-West we went from winter to rainy and damp, to 90 degrees plus in the blink of an eye. Changing seasons are nice, but I can do with out all seasons in one month….lol. When it’s hot and humid, I don’t have much of an appetite, and my desire to cook evaporates………but a cool veggie pizza can spark my interest.
The crust as I said, is two simple ingredients blended together, kneaded for a few minutes, and then its ready for …….well, it’s ready for anything! You may need to adjust the recipe baking time of 18-22 minutes. The crust for this recipe took 10 minutes to bake.
Veggies are the mainstay of WW life. You can use what ever variety tickles your fancy and palate. My pizza included broccoli ( to give broccoli a really crisp green look, blanch it in boiling water for just a minute…until it turns bright green, then plug into ice water), three colors of bell peppers, radishes, green onions, tomato, shredded carrots, and cucumber. Chopped the veggies small so you get a little of each on every piece.
Dill, chives and red onion give a herby kick to greek yogurt and greek cream cheese. Greek cream cheese is a new find for me…. thanks to Joanie from The Bite Shot If you have any interest in in food photography, she is your gal.
Greek yogurt is a mainstay in WW point world also, the combination of the yogurt and cream cheese infused with the freshness of the chives and dill…….hmmmmm!!!
Slather the cream cheese/yogurt mixture over the prepared two ingredient crust and load it up with the chopped veggies. Garnish with extra dill if you wish.
All the ingredients for this recipe can be made ahead. I made the crust and cream cheese/yogurt mixture one day and finished it the next. With a busy summer schedule having a make ahead take along recipe takes a load off.
I have a busy week ahead and a cookout on Saturday….guess what I’m taking… that’s right….. Two Ingredient Crust Veggie Pizza!Print
Two Ingredient Crust Veggie Pizza
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 48 pieces 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Weight Watchers friendly version o f a classic.
1 recipe Two Ingredient Dough
4 oz greek cream cheese, softened
½ cup greek yogurt
1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
1 tablespoon red onion, minced
salt and pepper to taste
2 c chopped assorted veggies (broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, green onion, cucumber)
Two Ingredient Dough
- 1 cup of non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup of self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese, dill, chives, and red onion.
- Prepare 2 Ingredient Dough (recipe below)
- Roll prepared dough into a 13 X 9 inch rectangle and transfer to a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Spread chilled cream cheese mixture onto cooled crust.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped veggies over the cream cheese mixture.
- Garnish with extra dill.
- Cut into 48 pieces and serve (two pieces per serving).
- Refrigerated for up to an hour before serving.
- All Ingredients can be prepared ahead and assembled right before serving.
Two Ingredient Dough Instructions
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour into a large bowl.
- Blend in yogurt until ingredients have formed a dough. *if your dough still feels a little sticky, sprinkle flour onto dough until it feels solid and easy to separate.
- Kneed dough for 2 to 4 minutes.
- On a cutting board sprinkled with flour divide your dough into bagels, donuts, pretzels, turnovers, or calzones, whatever application you are making.
- Place items on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Brush on the egg wash.(1 egg whisked with 1 tablespoon of water)
- Add seasoning of choice if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes.
- See notes for more details.
The entire dough recipe is 11 smart points. Divide accordingly.15