Grilled Chicken Veggie Salad
I think Spring may finally be here to stay……….yeah!!!! So what better to fix than a salad loaded with spring veggies and grilled chicken……..Grilled Chicken Veggie Salad.
I have had many requests for salads and healthy fare. I have made several small attempts at healthier recipes, but when the weather is crappy I’m more inclined to comfort foods.
With the arrival of Spring and all things anew, this Grilled Chicken Veggie Salad is just the ticket. Mixed green topped with grilled chicken, red and yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes, sweet snap peas and asparagus make for a crunchy, fresh salad.
For a dressing I went with an Asian flare………..Ginger Garlic Dressing. It’s tangy with rice wine vinegar, just a small amount of oil, ginger, garlic, soy and honey……..very yummy.
The best thing about this salad is you can make it in advance and assemble it when you are ready. All the components can keep for up to two days, isn’t that nice, you can make it when you have time and eat it when you don’t…………makes life so much easier to have a little something in reserve for the days you don’t have time to cook! Bonus………it’s HEALTHY!!!!
So, make up this salad today and enjoy it when you are done with all that Spring cleaning……….which reminds me, I best get busy!Print
- 8 ounces chicken breast tenderloins, halved crosswise
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 8 ounces fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 each medium yellow and red pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 Recipe Ginger Garlic Dressing
- 1. Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper. In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink, turning to brown evenly. Remove chicken from skillet. Place chicken on a plate and cover, chill at least 1 hour. You may also leave in refrigerator for up to two days.
- 2. In microwave cook asparagus and pea pods, covered, in a microwave safe dish for 1 to 2minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; place in an ice bath to cool. Drain well. Serve immediately or place in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
- 3. To serve, in a very large bowl toss together chilled chicken, asparagus, pea pods, watercress, sweet pepper, and tomatoes. Add Ginger Garlic Dressing; toss well.
Keywords: asparagus. grilled chicken, snap peas, mixed greens, sweet peppers, tomatoes, garlic ginger dressing, salad
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- Measure all dressing into a small screw top jar. Cover and shake well. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator up to 1 week; shake before serving.