Once again Mother Nature was at it here in the mid-west! It snowed on Saturday!!!!!! And I mean enough for the weather service to issue a Winter Storm Warning!!! I will not be dissuaded from making Spring salads. Orange Chicken Orzo Salad was born on a snowy April day!
Hippty Hoppity Easters on its way!! Carrot Cake Thumbprint Cookies are the perfect sweet treat.
In my last post, I made a Lemon Meringue Pie into a thumbprint cookie. Today I made a Carrot Cake into a thumbprint cookie.
Carrot Cake Thumbprint Cookies are a Martha Stewart recipe that I saw a few years ago and Pinned for later……its later.
Too hot to bake??? You bet, so don’t! No Bake Tropical Bites are a tasty trip to the Islands without the heat.
Little pop in your mouth snack that are filled with almonds, coconut, and pineapple. And the best part is you don’t have to turn on the oven.
These little bites are good for you too. Almond butter, oatmeal, and flaxseed, make them a clean eating snack as well.
Over the summer our school has a summer crew that does all the work that can’t be done during the school year. For a little extra cash I worked this summer on the paint crew. So, for those who know we well, know I LOVE TO PAINT!!!!!
Perhaps I’m slightly obsessed with painting. So, the paint crew seemed like the right choice and it was……I truly enjoyed it.
But, I had to pack a lunch everyday and I really tried to pack items that did not need refrigeration. No Bake Tropical Bites were perfect. Just popped them into a ziplock bag, and off I went. Now, I usually ate them for breakfast, they have oatmeal and that’s breakfast.
They also would make a great snack, or a sweet treat after a big meal. You know, when you have eaten a really great meal, and are stuffed, but just want something a little sweet, No Bake Tropical Bites are just the ticket.
A small sweet tropical treat. Enjoy some today!Print
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded or flakes
- 3/4 old fashioned oatmeal (not instant)
- 1/8 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried pineapple, diced
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Extra almonds and dried pineapple for garnish
- In a large bowl mix together coconut, oats, flax, almonds, and dried pineapple, set aside.
- In a small bowl place almond butter,maple syrup, and almond extract. Mix well.
- Stir the wet ingredient into the dry and stir until throughly mixed.
- Using a small ice cream scoop portion mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. You may roll them into balls if you like. I prefer to leave the bottom flat.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount depends on the size of your scoop.