Last official weekend of summer…..final big cookout, the last hurrah!!! But school just started…..you are super busy…..how can you get ready for that last summer fling???? Break out the Instant Pot and in a flash….Instant Pot Dijon Pulled Chicken is your new go-to recipe.
Instant Pots have been a God send to anyone with more things to do than time to do them. I don’t use mine as often as often as I’d like to, but writing a food blog gives me lots of leftovers. Cooking so much, and I must admit I do marathon cooking sessions, making 3 or 4 recipes in a day, we tend to eat pizza and popcorn ……..a lot!!! Continue reading “Instant Pot Dijon Pulled Chicken”
Bacon Apple Chicken Burger
We first posted this burger back in 2014. Apparently Spring was not anywhere to be seen in 2014 either…..after last nights snow…yes, I said snow and hopefully this is the last of it. Winter has stuck around wayyyy too long this year.
Bacon Apple Chicken Burger was originally called Apple Bacon Chicken Burger, but I discovered it’s a no no to use the same post title twice??
Making this burger again was not a no no, it was a great idea!
I said it a million…slight exaggeration …times, but I love ground chicken for a burger in place of turkey. For me, it has a better flavor, but if you are a lover of the turkey, please substitute it in this recipe.
As anyone who has used ground chicken (or turkey) knows it can be a little dry, but in the case of this burger, the add-ins make it nice and juicy. One other tip, I know its poultry and you do need to cook it through, but do not over cook it. If you do, no matter what you have added, it will be dry. A little bit of bacon, onion, sage and maple syrup add a nice flavor to the burger and a topping of Maple Dijon sauce and grilled granny smith apples and wow!!!
Since we revisted this recipe we decided to revisit the pictures too! Funny when you start a blog you think your pictures are really good, then later you look back and …YIKES!!! It’s an understatement to say we have improved.
So, brush off the snow, drag out the grill and try Bacon Apple Chicken Burger. If the snow won’t stop where you are, cook them inside until summer shows up!!
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 granny smith apple, cored, and cut into 12 wedges
- 4 hamburger or kaiser buns, lightly toasted
- Dice bacon and cook in a small skillet until crisp. Remove from pan to drain on paper toweling. Add onions to bacon drippings and saute until lightly browned. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Combine, ground chicken, bacon, onion, sage, 2 teaspoons of maple syrup, salt and pepper. Mix well and divide into 4 burgers.
- Place the burger on a grill pan or outdoor grill coated with non-stick cooking spray. Grill burgers 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, toss apple wedges with remaining 1 teaspoon of maple syrup. Grill the apple slices until you have nice grill marks.
- To assemble the burgers place burger on bottom half of bun. Top with Maple Dijon Sauce (see recipe below), top with grilled apples and top half of bun.
- Maple Dijon Sauce:
- Mix together 3 tablespoons mayo or salad dressing, 2 tablespoons dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and 1 small shallot( about 3 teaspoons). Serve with Apple Bacon Burger.
Today is National Peanut Butter Day and in honor of this prestigious day, I present to you Peanut Butter Bacon Franks.
Now, before you phoo phoo this off, think about it…….its peanut butter and bacon, both delicious. Open your I’ll try anything once mind and give this try. Continue reading “Peanut Butter Bacon Franks”