Scallop Bacon Burger
Delicious, scrumptious, succulent, mouth watering, do I have your attention???
These are just a few of the words to describe the Scallop Bacon Burger… it was truly amazing!
Somethings just go together, you know, they are meant to be……like Tim and I , but thats another story.
Continue reading “Scallop Bacon Burger”
Asparagus Pesto Chicken Sandwich
So, what do you have for Saturday lunch?? I like a sandwich…….Asparagus Pesto Chicken Sandwich.
I have commented on two things recently …….1. We have a lot of asparagus and 2. I seem to throw out too much food.
The asparagus is not a problem…..we could eat it everyday. But the chicken, I took it out of the freezer and it would not wait.
It was Saturday and we needed lunch……..I needed to use the chicken. Ok……. a chicken sandwich. I was thinking grilled with grilled asparagus…. but that seemed……..well sorta boring.
I love grilled sandwiches, with gooey fresh mozzarella cheese. Chicken…. I poached mine but you can easily use left over chicken…….tomatoes, why not, make that sundried tomatoes, the kind in oil. I think they are the best, they have a sweet, intense taste and chewy texture. Onions to me are necessary for any sandwich.
My ingredients so far were leaning towards Italian flavors. How about pesto??? Can you use asparagus for pesto? You bet your sweet bippy you can……you will really need to be of a certain age to get that reference.
Roasted asparagus and garlic, basil, almonds, and olive oil, blended to a yummy spread…….I really could have just eaten it with a spoon!
Toast the bread on all sides, add the cheese to start melting, layer with chicken, tomatoes, and onion. Smear the other side of the bread with the asparagus pesto, and toast until desired toastiness. Slice and enjoy.
Asparagus Pesto Chicken Sandwich……..Saturday lunch!!! Ok you can have it other days…..like any day you want an awesomely, delicious sandwich!
- 3-4 ounces asparagus, ends trimmed ( about 1/2 bunch)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- coconut oil spray
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices of bread
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- About 2 cups cooked chicken
- Sliced red onion
- About 2 cups cooked chicken ( any left over chicken will do )
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with coconut oil spray. Chop asparagus and toss onto to pan in one even layer. Add the peeled garlic cloves. Roast in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree together the asparagus, garlic cloves, Parmesan, almonds, and basil. Drizzle in olive oil process until smooth and paste-like. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray bread slices with coconut oil spray on both sides.
- Place bread on a grill pan, or skillet, over medium heat, to toast bread slices. Once both sides are golden brown, place cheese on bread, layer with sun dried tomatoes, chicken, and red onion slices.
- On the other slices of bread smear the Asparagus pesto. Top the other bread with this one to form the sandwich.
- Remove from skillet slice and enjoy!
Grilled Asparagus Goat Cheese Sandwich
We grow asparagus ……….we are asparagus farmers…..lol. Ok, really we have a 6’ X 4’ asparagus patch…….that we have a ready got a nice bunch of asparagus from already this year.
We used last years crop for Creamy Asparagus Soup, which was super yummy!! You should really try it.
Right after you try the Grilled Asparagus Goat Cheese Sandwich! This is the bomb…….I kid thee not!
Toasty baguette, slathered with soft creamy goat cheese and topped with grilled asparagus, a dijon dressed mesclun salad, and buttery smooth avocado. Continue reading “Grilled Asparagus Goat Cheese Sandwich”