Everything old is new again…..Cauliflower Potato-ish Salad is my new version of potato-ish salad. In the post below I had made my very favorite potato salad.
As I have mentioned in the past month or so I have joined Weight Watchers. Reformulating some of my favs to a more point friendly versions has been a challenge and fun! Plus I’ve had some really great results!
So, below is my original post, and the comments in red are the changes I made making Baby Red Potato Salad into Cauliflower Potato-ish Salad. Continue reading “Cauliflower Potato-ish Salad”
Mashed Cauliflower Stuffed Portabella Caps
Reformulating recipes to fit my new Weight Watcher lifestyle has been a unique challenge. Trying to use old recipes and make them point friendly means thinking outside the box.
I am almost one month on Weight Watchers and am feeling several things……
- Happy that I have stuck to it….I’m not much on will power where food is concerned.
- Glad to say I have lost 8 pounds.
- Unhappy to say I have only lost 8 pounds….just wish it was coming off faster
- Empowered that I can make choices…they are my points to use as I wish.
- Grateful that such a program exists and helps you with the hard stuff, like how many points are in what foods. The app for the program is stupendous.
Continue reading “Mashed Cauliflower Stuffed Portabella Caps”
Whole Roasted Loaded Cauliflower
Cauliflower is still a shinning star in the food world. Pearly white heads of chunky florets, just begging for new recipes. Whole, in florets, mashed, or riced, the possibilities are endless.
I’m not sure if I have told this story before….after almost five years, I may have started to repeat….or maybe its old timers.
When I was kid, we all went over the river and through the woods to Grandmothers house. Ok, we did go over a river, but she didn’t live in the woods, and we called her Grandma. Anyway, Holidays were spent at her house, and she cooked. My Grandma was an awesome cook, you know the old fashioned, down home kind of cook <3. Continue reading “Whole Roasted Loaded Cauliflower”